Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by rob rowntree <ro...@mindspring.com> on 2004/07/16 01:26:09 UTC

chainsaw - dtd and XMLLayout class downversion

i used JWS to run the chainsaw demo and like it .

my question is that i see things in the demo that do not show up in the API
for 1.2.8 ?

1. The dtd used by XMLLayout class has no mention of the "properties" field
below. Where is the new dtd or xsd that includes properties?

see sample chainsaw xml node below for properties:

- <log4j:properties>
  <log4j:data name="application" value="Generator 1" />
  <log4j:data name="hostname" value="localhost" />
  <log4j:data name="log4jid" value="1" />
  <log4j:data name="some string" value="some valueGenerator 1" />
  </log4j:properties>

2. The API for classes XMLLayout and LoggingEvent make no mention of the
"Properties" field above.

So my question is how to make use of these properties? Do i have to subclass
something or do i need to get a newer download of log4j and or chainsaw?
---