Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de> on 2019/06/04 18:43:40 UTC

wiki conversion

Hi all,

we probably all have seen the notice, that the old wiki will go away
soon. Sebb has already started the process of migrating the old content
into the new one.

My questions here are. @sebb where can I help you with the migration and
when should we switch the link on our homepage to the new wiki?

Regards

 Felix

Re: wiki conversion

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 at 13:22, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 at 19:43, Felix Schumacher
> <fe...@internetallee.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > we probably all have seen the notice, that the old wiki will go away
> > soon. Sebb has already started the process of migrating the old content
> > into the new one.
> >
> > My questions here are. @sebb where can I help you with the migration and
> > when should we switch the link on our homepage to the new wiki?
>
> There are still issues with the conversion, especially:

> The attachments issue has been fixed:
> However it's not easy to fix up existing conversions.
>
> If we don't care about page history, then a fresh conversion of JMeter
> will probably work well enough (though some pages may need to be
> deleted).
>
> If we convert without history, and the history issue is subsequently
> fixed, it would require additional work to merge any changes made to
> the initial conversion. I would rather not do that, so I have been
> waiting for the issue to be fixed.
>
> Obviously by this stage I had hoped that the remaining conversion
> issues would have been fixed and we could move ahead with the new Wiki
> complete with history.
>
> It might be worth waiting a bit longer before abandoning the idea of
> retaining page history.

I think we finally now have a Confluence version (JMETER) of the
JMeter MoinMoin wiki, complete with history and attachments.

I am just waiting for Infra to confirm that the warning message that
was displayed at the end of the conversion is benign: INFRA-18632

Once that has been established, work can start on maintaining the new Wiki.

I have made Felix an Admin; he can update the permissions to allow
others to edit.
I have added the jmeter and jmeter-pmc groups with read-only access for now.

For other users it will probably be a question of adding individual
permissions when they ask for write access.

Please note that not all of the Moin features have been converted properly.
e.g. there are many instances of formatting that need to be fixed.
I made a start on the Home page -- see the page history.

S.

Re: wiki conversion

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.