Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jan Evert van Grootheest <j....@euronext.nl> on 2003/09/05 10:59:00 UTC

strange error

Hello,

I just tried to 'svn co' a test repository to a fresh working copy:
[issysd25@a05009 test]$ svn co http://a05009:65030/svn/test .
svn: RA layer request failed
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/test'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/test': 405 Method Not Allowed (http://a05009:65030)
[issysd25@a05009 test]$ svn ls http://a05009:65030/svn/test
svn: RA layer request failed
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/test'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/test': 405 Method Not Allowed (http://a05009:65030)

This seemed like totally strange errors to me that I shouldn't be
getting. What does 'Method not allowed' mean in the context??

Only later to realize that the URL does not point to a repository! It
should've been .../svn/repos
Imagine my astonishment at that moment in time ((-:

Would it be possible for the server to return a more appropriate error?
Something like '404 not found'?

Thanks,
Jan Evert