Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1997/08/19 03:40:03 UTC

Re: FYI Re: general/844: Acrobat Plugin and Communicator

The following reply was made to PR general/844; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>
To: William Vincent <wv...@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: FYI Re: general/844: Acrobat Plugin and Communicator
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 18:27:36 -0700 (PDT)

 Far more useful at this point would be tcpdumps of the wire.  I'm 100%
 certain we'll find apache is respecting the protocols and that adobe
 screwed up again.  That's what we found last time.

 For reference sake, can you test navigator 3.x and acrobat 3.01 ?  That
 should work fine.

 The types of dump I would need would be something like:

     tcpdump -s 1576 -o dump.out tcp host <client-ip> and tcp host <server-ip> and tcp port <server-port>

 Then reproduce the broken behaviour ... and put dump.out somewhere where I
 can snag it.  Be sure to avoid any passwords on the wire, if your page is
 password protected then use a bogus userid for this test only.

 Thanks
 Dean