Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Justin Larose <Ju...@nexweb.org> on 2012/01/10 17:31:30 UTC

Re: SSL Configuration Errors -- Resolved

All,

> > This seems to be the problem. How do I set my imported cert as a "key
> > entry" or get Tomcat to read it as a CertEntry?
> You must use the same keystore and same alias when you:
> 1. generate key,
> 2. generate csr,
> 3. import certificate.
>
> Example:
> keytool -genkey ... -keystore xxx.jks -alias yyy
> keytool -certreq ... -keystore xxx.jks -alias yyy
> and later
> keytool -import -trustcacerts ... -keystore xxx.jks -alias yyy
>
> Same keystore, same alias in all three invocations of keytool.

Thanks for the help everyone. After recreating the .jks and resubmitting
the csr all with "alias tomcat" then importing the root, intermediate and
new certificate
I was able to access the application.

-- Justin

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
the use of the individual or agency to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the Navy
Exchange Service Command e-mail administrator. This footnote
also confirms that this email message has been scanned for the
presence of computer viruses.

Thank You!