Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Arcadius Ahouansou <ar...@menelic.com> on 2022/07/20 05:40:24 UTC

Disabling CouchDB server signature

Hello.
By default, CouchDB exposes its current version to the worlds i.e
going to curl http://MYHOST:MYPORT/
I get the pretty json response below.

Please what is the recommended way of disabling this and display an
empty json or remove at least the version.
Note that I have haproxy in front of couchdb.
Thank you very much.

Arcadius

{

   - "couchdb": "Welcome",
   - "version": "3.2.2",
   - "git_sha": "d5b746b7c",
   - "uuid": "ce35097f091bda955f1a7b46adddaaca",
   - "features": [...],
   - "vendor": {
      - "name": "The Apache Software Foundation"
   }

}

Re: Disabling CouchDB server signature

Posted by Arcadius Ahouansou <ar...@menelic.com>.
Thank you very much Robert and Rene.

As I am using HAProxy, I have tried your suggestion Robert
i.e
http-request return status 200 ...

So far, it seems to be working well.

Thank you very much.

With warm regards.

--
Arcadius Ahouansou
Menelic Ltd | Applied Knowledge Is Power

---

Re: Disabling CouchDB server signature

Posted by Rene Veerman <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.