Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/18 00:08:04 UTC

Printing Title for main page, but different for sub-pages

Currently, I have the following system working where the title of my
last post is added to the title.

#set( $xmap = $pageModel.getRecentWeblogEntries(1,'nil') )
#foreach( $day in $xmap.keySet() )
   #set( $recentEntries = $xmap.get($day) )
   #foreach ($var in $recentEntries)
       #set ($title = $var.title)
   #end
#end
    <title>#showWebsiteTitle() | #if ($page.Name == "Weblog") $title
#else $page.Name #end</title>

However, I'd like to enhance it so $title is only shown when someone
is viewing a single post, or paging through multiple posts.  In other
works, when people are viewing the default page (or All category), the
same title is used.  I tried the following (looking for null
requestParameters), but it doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas on how to detect the default page is rendered for a blog?

#set( $xmap = $pageModel.getRecentWeblogEntries(1,'nil') )
#foreach( $day in $xmap.keySet() )
   #set( $recentEntries = $xmap.get($day) )
   #foreach ($var in $recentEntries)
       #set ($title = $var.title)
   #end
#end
    <title>#showWebsiteTitle() | #if (!$requestParameters &&
$page.Name == "Weblog") Open Source Development Tips by Matt Raible
#elseif ($page.Name == "Weblog") $title #else $page.Name #end</title>

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Printing Title for main page, but different for sub-pages

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
Nevermind, figured it out.  Here's what I ended up using:

#set( $xmap = $pageModel.getRecentWeblogEntries(1,'nil') )
#foreach( $day in $xmap.keySet() )
   #set( $recentEntries = $xmap.get($day) )
   #foreach ($var in $recentEntries)
       #set ($title = $var.title)
   #end
#end
    <title>#showWebsiteTitle() | #if ($requestParameters.isEmpty() &&
$page.Name == "Weblog") Matt Raible's discussions on Java and Web
Development #elseif ($req.getParameter($WEBLOGCATEGORYNAME_KEY) &&
$page.Name == "Weblog")
$req.getParameter($WEBLOGCATEGORYNAME_KEY).substring(1) Category