Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by mvneethu <ne...@tigeranalytics.com> on 2018/04/06 09:19:31 UTC

Clarity on Dimensions and aggregate group

Hi,
I am trying to use Apache Kylin for my work and need some clarity. Say, I
have 10 dimensions but I have 2 AGG with 6 dimensions. From what I
understand, the cuboids are created from the AGG. How does the row key will
be created to be stored to HBASE? what about the rest 4 dimesions in the
data model?
Please clarify.

--
Sent from: http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/

Re: Clarity on Dimensions and aggregate group

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Hello Neethu,

Welcome to Kylin community. This is a good question.

The top level of the cuboids is the "base cuboid", which is the parent of
all AGGs.

The "base cuboid" will have all dimensions; In this case, it has the 10
dimensions in it. The two AGG will be calculated from the base cuboid.

So, if the rest 4 dimensions are not included in any AGG, at least they
will appear in the base cuboid.

Hope this clarifies your question.

> I am trying to use Apache Kylin for my work and need some clarity. Say, I
> have 10 dimensions but I have 2 AGG with 6 dimensions. From what I
> understand, the cuboids are created from the AGG. How does the row key will
> be created to be stored to HBASE? what about the rest 4 dimesions in the
> data model?
> Please clarify.
>
> --
> Sent from: http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/