Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Pumpenmeier, Lutz SZ/HZA-ZSB3" <pu...@schaeffler.com> on 2010/06/15 08:22:52 UTC

Spellchecker index cannot be optimized

Hello,
when I rebuild the spellchecker index ( by optimizing the data index or
by calling cmd=rebuild ) the spellchecker index is not optimized. I even
cannot delete the old indexfiles on the filesystem, because they are
locked by the solr server. I have to stop the  solr server(resin) to
optimize the spellchecker index with luke or by deleting the old files.
How can I optimize the index without stopping the solr server?

Thanks
 Lutz Pumpenmeier

Re: Spellchecker index cannot be optimized

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Lutz,

Look at this:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages#Passing_commit_parameters_as_part_of_the_URL

You should be able to do this with your spellchecker index, too.

Otis
----

when I rebuild the spellchecker index ( by optimizing the data index
> or
by calling cmd=rebuild ) the spellchecker index is not optimized. I
> even
cannot delete the old indexfiles on the filesystem, because they
> are
locked by the solr server. I have to stop the  solr server(resin)
optimize the spellchecker index with luke or by deleting the old
> files.
How can I optimize the index without stopping the solr
> server?

Thanks
Lutz Pumpenmeier