Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/06 03:10:42 UTC

[VOTE] release apr-1.3.11

See http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ for the candidate distribution
files (no Windows source yet -- Bill, is it correct that the one
generated by release.sh is not used?).

The primary changes since apr-1.3.9 are several fixes for the Solaris platform.

 +/-1
 [  ] Release apr-1.3.11

Re: [VOTE] release apr-1.3.11

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As for 1.3.11, I'm happy to start over after apr_hints.m4 is fixed or
>> proceed with what we have now, as desired.
>
> I committed the 1-character change that got my system working, but I
> couldn't get it to misbehave anywhere else.
>
> Probably best to start over since it seems you still have binding
> votes to wait for

will-do

I did go ahead and test on Solaris 10 and Leopard and all is well as
far as "make check" and a couple of private pollset tests that
exercise more of port.c.

Re: [VOTE] release apr-1.3.11

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] release apr-1.3.11

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>>
>>> See http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ for the candidate distribution
>>> files (no Windows source yet -- Bill, is it correct that the one
>>> generated by release.sh is not used?).
>>>
>>> The primary changes since apr-1.3.9 are several fixes for the Solaris
>>> platform.
>>>

> I think changes to the config.guess and config.sub in the tarball are
> breaking on  one of my systems.
>
> I am not geting -D_GNU_SOURCE in SLES 10.2/PPC, which breaks testcond
> use of nested mutexes
>
> I think the culprit is the detected target (relative to 1.3.9)
>
> -target='powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu'
> +target='powerpc64-suse-linux'
>
> The lack of -gnu is breaking our apr_hints.m4, which requires *-linux-*.
>
> I tried grabbing the latest upstream config.sub/guess and re-running
> buildconf, but it didn't change the target or the symptom

On the bright side we pick up support for AIX 6.

apr_hints.m4 in 1.3.x through trunk (and perhaps 0.9.x as well) needs
to handle the new string.

Re: [VOTE] release apr-1.3.11

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] release apr-1.3.11

Posted by "Gregg L. Smith" <li...@glewis.com>.
>  [+1] Release apr-1.3.11

Tossing my peanut in the +1 bucket.
testlib: testall.exe - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
testdll: testall.exe - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)

WinXP VS6 & 9 and builds well in and out of httpd

Gregg

Re: [VOTE] release apr-1.3.11

Posted by Mario Brandt <jb...@gmail.com>.
 [x] Release apr-1.3.11

non-binding +1
builds fine for me on Win7 with VS9 Express

Mario