Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Joe Becknell <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/02 18:06:09 UTC

Slow Performance

I have an application that does some database lookups and writes some
reports based on the information. I'm using log4net as the logging
mechanism. I have a log4net XML config file where I'm setting up
appender, log levels, etc.

<log4net>
   <appender name="FileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender">
      <file value="debug.log" />
      <appendToFile value="false" />
         <conversionPattern value="%d [%t] %-5p %-28c (Line: %L) - %m%n" />
      </layout>
   </appender>
   <root>
      <level value="DEBUG" />
      <appender-ref ref="FileAppender" />
   </root>
</log4net>

When I have the level set to DEBUG, the application runs in about 4
seconds. When I change the level to something lower such as INFO or
WARN, the app slows down to about 1.75 minutes. I would expect it to be
faster when turning DEBUG off. Am I missing something? Has anyone else
experienced anything like this?

Thanks,
Joe.