Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gregory Guthrie <gr...@mum.edu> on 2001/07/07 05:56:53 UTC

Tomcat + Apache on NT

It is not clear (to me) that I have to manually start both Tomcat and
Apache servers on  NT (Win2K Pro). I expected Apache to start Tomcat
as/if needed, but that fails, but everything works fine for Tomcat
standalone, or if it is manually runing, and then Apache just connects
to it.

Is this correct? Is this documented somewhere? The closest thing I found
was in the Tomcat-Apache HowTo setup where it says:
  "This step sets various JServ internal parameters, in order:
   Instruct JServ not to start the Tomcat process. Automatically
starting
   Tomcat is not implemented yet. "

And then does:
    ApJServManual          on