Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Wigham, Mari" <ma...@wur.nl> on 2008/08/20 11:08:41 UTC

Axis deploy in Eclipse hangs when repeatedly deploying services

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy a group of web services on Tomcat 6.0 using Axis.
I'm using Eclipse to generate the necessary code from a WSDL file and to
create the service via axis. This works fine the first time round in a
new project. However if I then edit the WSDL file (adding new services
or elements) and create the service again, the process hangs while
deploying to axis. If I revert to the old WSDL and try to create the
service again, it also hangs.  The files are all copied to Tomcat but
the service is not deployed. If anyone has any ideas what might be going
on then I'd be grateful to hear them please. Creating a new project each
time I make a change to the WSDL is not really practical.

Thanks in advance!

Mari

RE: Axis deploy in Eclipse hangs when repeatedly deploying services

Posted by "Wigham, Mari" <ma...@wur.nl>.
Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try and see if it helps.

Regards,
Mari

________________________________

Posted by Shehan Simen <ss...@itree.com.au>.
Hi,

Posted by "Wigham, Mari" <ma...@wur.nl>.
Thanks anyway for your reply.  It's interesting to hear that the problem
doesn't occur with plain java classes.

Regards,
Mari

________________________________

I am using plain java classes for web service deployment. I am not
facing any problem in this.
Sorry. I have n't tried this method for web service deployment.

Regards,
Thamizhannal P

"Wigham, Mari" <ma...@wur.nl> wrote:

	Hi,
	I'm trying to deploy a group of web services on Tomcat 6.0 using
Axis.  I'm using Eclipse to generate the necessary code from a WSDL file
and to create the service via axis. This works fine the first time round
in a new project. However if I then edit the WSDL file (adding new
services or elements) and create the service again, the process hangs
while deploying to axis. If I revert to the old WSDL and try to create
the service again, it also hangs.  The files are all copied to Tomcat
but the service is not deployed. If anyone has any ideas what might be
going on then I'd be grateful to hear them please. Creating a new
project each time I make a change to the WSDL is not really practical.
	Thanks in advance!
	Mari

<http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_mail_2/*http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo
/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/>

Re: Axis deploy in Eclipse hangs when repeatedly deploying services

Posted by Thamizh <tc...@yahoo.co.in>.
Mary,