Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Srinivas V <sr...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/02 18:37:01 UTC

Re: Spark structured streaming - performance tuning

Hi Alex, read the book , it is a good one but i don’t see things which I
strongly want to understand.
You are right on the partition and tasks.
1.How to use coalesce with spark structured streaming ?

Also I want to ask few more questions,
2. How to restrict number of executors on structured streaming?
 —num-executors is minimum is it ?
To cap max, can I use spark.dynamicAllocation.maxExecutors ?

3. Does other streaming properties hold good for structured streaming?
Like spark.streaming.dynamicAllocation.enabled ?
If not what are the ones it takes into consideration?

4. Does structured streaming 2.4.5 allow dynamicAllocation of executors/
cores? In case of Kafka consumer, when the cluster has to scale down, does
it reconfigure the mapping of executors cores to kaka partitions?

5. Why spark srtructured  Streaming web ui (SQL tab) is not so informative
like streaming tab of Spark streaming ?

It would be great if these questions are answered, otherwise the only
option left would be to go through the spark code and figure out.

Posted by Srinivas V <sr...@gmail.com>.
Anyone else can answer below questions on performance tuning Structured
streaming?
@Jacek?