Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2001/12/13 07:48:44 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support Makefile.in

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 07:39:55PM -0000, trawick@apache.org wrote:
> trawick     01/12/12 11:39:55
>
>   Modified:    .        acinclude.m4 configure.in
>                support  Makefile.in
>   Log:
>   change Apache/apr/apr-util to use run-time linking on AIX
>
>   currently, a kludge (-uXML_Parse) is needed to get a reference to expat
>   in the Apache executable programs; I think this is related to the fact
>   that expat libtool is getting generated a little differently than apr
>   libtool and is choosing to build a different flavor of shared library

If you patch the build in apr-util/xml/expat/, then I'll synchronize your
changes with the main Expat source control. That is: we can get the "right
flavor" in whatever fashion you choose.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support Makefile.in

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 07:39:55PM -0000, trawick@apache.org wrote:
> > trawick     01/12/12 11:39:55
> >
> >   Modified:    .        acinclude.m4 configure.in
> >                support  Makefile.in
> >   Log:
> >   change Apache/apr/apr-util to use run-time linking on AIX
> >
> >   currently, a kludge (-uXML_Parse) is needed to get a reference to expat
> >   in the Apache executable programs; I think this is related to the fact
> >   that expat libtool is getting generated a little differently than apr
> >   libtool and is choosing to build a different flavor of shared library
>
> If you patch the build in apr-util/xml/expat/, then I'll synchronize your
> changes with the main Expat source control. That is: we can get the "right
> flavor" in whatever fashion you choose.

cool.. (assuming somebody can figure out what is happening :) )
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...