Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/19 23:29:12 UTC

Refactoring JCRComponentRegistry

While refactoring XBaya the purpose of JCRComponentRegistry object is 3
folds.

   1. Provide the JCRRegistry object
   2. Provide components for the pallet from the service descriptions
   saved/defined in the JCRRegistry.
   3. Define existing user managers (this was my doing and is not used at
   all right now)

The original intention of JCRRegistry to airavata AFAIR was to allow users
to save service descriptions. I guess, since the components that wrapped
service descriptors were from the JCR registry, they were called JCR
components. But IMHO it would make more sense to call them something like
ServiceDescriptorComponents... WDYT?

We are now using the JCR registry for saving execution data, user data &
metadata (provenance data,workflow templates etc.). I suggest we take out
the JCRRegistry object creation out from the JCRComponentRegistry...

Usermanager part should be taken out from the JCRComponentRegistry (no
logical relation between the two).

Thougts are welcome...

Thanks & regards,
Saminda