Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joel <jg...@cox.net> on 2009/03/26 22:41:09 UTC

Can only view web pages from localhost

I am a new user of Tomcat. In my test system I have pc's networked via a
wireless router. The router assigns the IP address of 192.168.0.2 to the
machine that runs Tomcat. When I run Tomcat using < <http://localhost/>
http://localhost/>  <http://localhost/> http://localhost/... or <
<http://192.168.0.2/> http://192.168.0.2/>  <http://192.168.0.2/>
http://192.168.0.2/...

everything works fine when I work on the local machine. But when I attempt
to view web pages from any other machine on the network using <
<http://192.168.0.2/> http://192.168.0.2/>  <http://192.168.0.2/>
http://192.168.0.2/... I get timed out.

How should I configure Tomcat so that it accepts requests from other
machines -- not just localhost?

I am using Tomcat 6.0.18 on windows XP Professional.

Yes, windows firewall is on.

Joel

Re: Can only view web pages from localhost

Posted by Steve <st...@up-south.com>.
Joel wrote:
> I am a new user of Tomcat. In my test system I have pc's networked via a
> wireless router. The router assigns the IP address of 192.168.0.2 to the
> machine that runs Tomcat. When I run Tomcat using < <http://localhost/>
> http://localhost/>  <http://localhost/> http://localhost/... or <
> <http://192.168.0.2/> http://192.168.0.2/>  <http://192.168.0.2/>
> http://192.168.0.2/...
>
> everything works fine when I work on the local machine. But when I attempt
> to view web pages from any other machine on the network using <
> <http://192.168.0.2/> http://192.168.0.2/>  <http://192.168.0.2/>
> http://192.168.0.2/... I get timed out.
>
> How should I configure Tomcat so that it accepts requests from other
> machines -- not just localhost?
>
> I am using Tomcat 6.0.18 on windows XP Professional.
>

> Yes, windows firewall is on.
>

> Joel

windows firewall ?

--
eats the blues for breakfast
does unix for rent

Re: Can only view web pages from localhost

Posted by Je suis la poubelle <la...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Joel <jg...@cox.net> wrote:

> [snipped]
> How should I configure Tomcat so that it accepts requests from other
> machines -- not just localhost?
>
> I am using Tomcat 6.0.18 on windows XP Professional.
>
> Yes, windows firewall is on.

     Either turn off Windows firewall or configure the firewall to have an
exception to let port 80 open to the network.