Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Viknes B <vi...@msn.com> on 2012/09/07 22:07:04 UTC

OpenId login

Hi,
I have been looking into OpenId login.
As per previous discussions, When a user whose openId is not already in our database tries to login to our application, we should take him to the new account creation page and get the username from him and ask him to register to rave. I am trying to do this but I am not able to redirect to account creation page. The reason is the authentication is handled by Spring and userservice is directly called from the applicationContext-security.xml and not by a Controller. So I am not able to find a way to redirect the user to a jsp page from the userservice. Suggestions pls.

I have attached the code to Jira-775
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-775

Thanks
Viknes

RE: OpenId login

Posted by Viknes B <vi...@msn.com>.
As far as I looked, No.

OpenId has 2 redirect URLs. One is authentication failure URL and other is
default landing URL(successful login).

The default landing URL currently takes the user to index.html. So what I
thought I would do is create a new openId account registration form and by
default redirect all openId login to this page.

*         If it is a new user, then the username and details would be
collected from the user, and then redirected to index.html

*         If it is an existing user the form would be auto submitted and the
user would be taken to index.html

>As per previous discussions, When a user whose openId is not already in

>our database tries to login to our application, we should take him to

>the new account creation page and get the username from him and ask him

>to register to rave. I am trying to do this but I am not able to

>redirect to account creation page. The reason is the authentication is

>handled by Spring and userservice is directly called from the

>applicationContext-security.xml and not by a Controller. So I am not

>able to find a way to redirect the user to a jsp page from the userservice.
Suggestions pls.

I will try to look more, but does the openId plugin for spring security
support redirecting on a certain type of exception?

RE: OpenId login

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.