Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Susam Pal <su...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/14 23:40:25 UTC

protocol-httpclient Authentication schemes

Hi,

I find that currently only NTLM authentication scheme is present in the file:-

/opt/nutch-trunk/src/plugin/protocol-httpclient/src/java/org/apache/nutch/protocol/httpclient/Http.java

Wouldn't it be desirable to add Basic as well as Digest authentication
schemes to it? I am planning to work on this part.

In the same folder, I find other files like:-

DummySSLProtocolSocketFactory.java
DummyX509TrustManager.java
HttpAuthenticationException.java
HttpAuthenticationFactory.java
HttpAuthentication.java
HttpBasicAuthentication.java

I can't see these files getting used anywhere. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Susam Pal
http://susam.in/