Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr> on 2009/03/05 15:37:03 UTC

Re : Re : basic auth on the standalone server

Hello!
finally I found some documentations about HTTP authentication which seems to be easy to set up. I modified the axis2.xml file as followed:
<transportSender name="http" class="axis2_http_sender">
        <parameter name="PROTOCOL" locked="false">HTTP/1.1</parameter>
        <parameter name="xml-declaration" insert="false"/>
        <parameter name="HTTP-Authentication" username="sihem" password="sihem" locked="true"/>
    </transportSender>

and I use the echo_blocking_auth application (located in axis2c-src-1.5.0/samples/user_guide/clients)

But the function axis2_svc_client_get_http_auth_required(svc_client, env) returns false which indicates that the server does not wait for credentials.
So is there something else to configure ?
Thanks by advance
sihem

________________________________
De : Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr>
À : Apache AXIS C User List <ax...@ws.apache.org>
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 5 Mars 2009, 13h17mn 15s
Objet : Re : basic auth on the standalone server

I finally found that I have to to change http_sender.c to addan http level authentication mechanism.
is there any documentation or sample giving some explanations ?
Thanks!
sihem

________________________________
De : Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr>
À : axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 5 Mars 2009, 11h52mn 41s
Objet : basic auth on the standalone server

Hello!
I would like to know whether the standalone server supports a basic HTTP authentication because I found nothing on the newsgroup about that.
Thanks by advance
sihem

Re: Re : Re : Re : basic auth on the standalone server

Posted by Dumindu Pallewela <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> anyway is there a way to add HTTP authentication support in the standalone
> directly in the code ?

I'm afraid, this might require quite some work in transport code. HTTP
authentication is not provided in the server. So if you want it in
simple axis server you have to implement it yourself.

Thanks,
Dumindu.

Re : Re : Re : basic auth on the standalone server

Posted by Sihem <st...@yahoo.fr>.
anyway is there a way to add HTTP authentication support in the standalone directly in the code ?
thanks!
sihem

________________________________
De : Dumindu Pallewela <pa...@gmail.com>
À : Apache AXIS C User List <ax...@ws.apache.org>
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 5 Mars 2009, 17h01mn 01s
Objet : Re: Re : Re : basic auth on the standalone server

Hi Sihem,

We don't currently support HTTP Auth with simple_axis_server. Nor do
we have any plans for that as of yet. If you need authentication
you'll have to deploy axis2/c module in apache httpd, and configure
authentication there. This is the recommended way of deploying axis2/c
server.

Our client side of course support HTTP Auth. That's where the
authentication parameters in <trasportSender> applies.

Thanks,
Dumindu.

Posted by Dumindu Pallewela <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sihem,