Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ap...@bachelorguy.com on 2003/04/25 13:31:56 UTC

RedHat 7.3 + Apache + Tomcat + JBoss + SSL... How the hell to? :-)

Generally I'm a Debian person - I run "apt-get install ..." and it does
it .. nice and easy :)

I've recently been made, for all intents and purposes, the admin of a
box to which I have no physical access in a datacentre. This box runs
RedHat 7.3 and I can't change this.

An organisation I do work for is developing a JSP/Java based web
application - and they've been testing it on a wintel box - moving it to
an unfamiliar distro on a different platform has been a bit of a
challenge thus far :)

Ideally what I'd like to be able to do is run JBoss + Tomcat on standard
ports such as 80 and 443 (SSL DEFINITELY required). However, this requires
that the application run as root - which is bad.

Some google searching has suggested integrating Tomcat with Apache.
Further research, however, has suggested that Apache doesn't play nice
with JBoss. Reason I'm told JBoss is required is because scheduling is
required.

Have tried to look up FAQ, seems to be down..
Been through some of the doco on the site..

Does anyone know of a good step-by-step guide, or at least have some
battle stories about RedHat + Tomcat + SSL + JBoss + Apache?

I'll admit I've been stumped so far..

ADFH

Re: RedHat 7.3 + Apache + Tomcat + JBoss + SSL... How the hell to? :-)

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
http://www.pubbitch.org/jboss/

John

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
There was a link to this: (Which uses apache 1.3)
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/11/20/tomcat.html

I can't see why apache (1.3) -> tomcat (any) -> jboss (?) would be a problem.
But then again, I haven't used JBoss. (So I could be categorized as crazy
email guy at this point in the thread)

-Tim

Posted by "Prashanth P." <pr...@yahoo.com>.
Hello:

I am trying to enforce URL protection for a particular
folder on the web application, but it just doesn't
work. I insert the following into the web.xml of my
web application to protect the contents of the /test
folder, but...nothing happens. Tomcat diplays and
serves the contents of the folder! What am I doing
wrong? I am using tomcat 4.1.24!

    <security-constraint>
	<web-resource-collection>
	    <web-resource-name>protected</web-resource-name>
	    <url-pattern>/test/*</url-pattern>
	    <http-method>GET</http-method>
	    <http-method>POST</http-method>
	</web-resource-collection>
    </security-constraint>

Thanks
Prashanth

tomcat security-constraint does not work!!

Posted by Anthony Hogan <ap...@bachelorguy.com>.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.