Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Libo Yu <yu...@hotmail.com> on 2014/07/22 01:20:33 UTC

how to let hmaster read zookeeper's /hbase/unassigned

Hi all,

I removed regions in transition zookeeper path /hbase/unassigned. But I don't want to bring down
master node (the whole cluster will be down). Is there a way to force the master node to load data
from zookeeper? Thanks.

Libo

Re: how to let hmaster read zookeeper's /hbase/unassigned

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.
Yes, that will work.

Posted by Libo Yu <yu...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I meant "whole cluster" of course.

-Mikhail

> Just curious why would the whole master be down as a consequence of master
> restart?
>
> Thanks,
> Mikhail

> There is no way to force the master to reload such data from zookeeper
>> currently.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jimmy
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Libo Yu <yu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I removed regions in transition zookeeper path /hbase/unassigned. But I
>> > don't want to bring down
>> > master node (the whole cluster will be down). Is there a way to force
>> the
>> > master node to load data
>> > from zookeeper? Thanks.
>> >
>> > Libo

> Michael Antonov

Michael Antonov

Re: how to let hmaster read zookeeper's /hbase/unassigned

Posted by Mikhail Antonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Just curious why would the whole master be down as a consequence of master
restart?

Thanks,
Mikhail

> There is no way to force the master to reload such data from zookeeper
> currently.
>
> Thanks,
> Jimmy
>

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Libo Yu <yu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I removed regions in transition zookeeper path /hbase/unassigned. But I
> > don't want to bring down
> > master node (the whole cluster will be down). Is there a way to force the
> > master node to load data
> > from zookeeper? Thanks.
> >
> > Libo

Michael Antonov

Re: how to let hmaster read zookeeper's /hbase/unassigned

Posted by Jimmy Xiang <jx...@cloudera.com>.