Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Pellow <ni...@cortexebusiness.com.au> on 2001/10/10 02:10:02 UTC

getDate as time in millis.

Hi,
I am using the dbtags (resultset) for some simple looping and displaying
of static data. It is great, however I was wondering if there is
a nice way to get the date/time as a long from the getColumn, getNumber,
getDate, getTime
set of tags. I need the same result as a Date.getTime() call.
This is a good non-Locale specific way of submitting a date back to the
server.

If this can not be done, do you think I could add some functionality to the
getDate tag
to allow it?

regards,
Nick