Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org> on 2017/06/03 15:10:59 UTC

Re: How to secure zookeeper?

This is not exactly what you are after, but in 3.4.10 you can whitelist specific commands, see the documentation here:

    https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.10/zookeeperAdmin.html <https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.10/zookeeperAdmin.html>

and search for:
    4lw.commands.whitelist
Otherwise, I don't know how else you'd be able to protect access to 4lw other than use a firewall.

-Flavio

Re: How to secure zookeeper?

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@cloudera.com>.
We just published a blog about 4lw and security today which provides more
context about history and possible solutions, hope this also helps.

https://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2017/06/apache-zookeeper-four-letter-words-and-security/

--
Cheers
Michael.