Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Russ Weeks <rw...@newbrightidea.com> on 2014/11/27 02:54:35 UTC

Consequences of ACCUMULO-3312

Hey, All,

My team has been working with Accumulo 1.6.1 for a while now and it's
awesome[1], but a recent fresh install is exhibiting the "invalid path"
errors shown in ACCUMULO-3312. It's just a small 4-node development cluster
and we can definitely afford to lose the data. What worries me more is, how
could cloneTable ever work properly, given this bug? Alternatively... given
that I've been using 1.6.1 for quite a while now and have been cloning
tables regularly without seeing this problem, how should I avoid triggering
it?

Feel free to switch this thread to the user list if it's more appropriate
there.

Thanks,
-Russ

1: Thanks! And to echo Jeremy Kepner's recent comment, I have been
consistently impressed with the talent and more importantly the
professionalism and sense of community among the members of this list. In
my experience this is extremely rare.

Re: Consequences of ACCUMULO-3312

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
I'm not too familiar with the specific problem in that issue, but given
that the fix is only in 1.6.2, and seems to be so prominent, it might be
time to start considering a 1.6.2 release.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii