Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Kevin Lux <lu...@saul.cis.upenn.edu> on 2001/12/26 16:15:34 UTC

Soap demo problems

Hi group,

I know you get this all the time but I (for the life of me) can't figure
out what the problem is. I've looked through the archives and see "change
your classpath". I've done this many,many times and am nearing the brink
of insanity.

I'm trying to run any of the demo soap programs, but they don't work.

Here's some stats..

Tomcat 4.0.1
Apache Soap 2.2
Sun jdk1.3.1_01
Linux 2.4.2-2

Since I'm still testing, here is where things are installed.

Soap: /root/soap-2_2
Tomcat: /root/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1
JDK: /usr/java/jdk1.3.1_01

Here's what it looks like when it starts up:

Guessing CATALINA_HOME from catalina.sh to ./..
Setting CATALINA_HOME to ./..
Using CLASSPATH:
/root/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/common:/root/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1/bin/bootstrap.jar:/root/soap-2_2:../..:
Using CATALINA_BASE: ./..
Using CATALINA_HOME: ./..
Using JAVA_HOME:     /usr/java/jdk1.3.1_01/jre

server.xml context:
        <Context path="/soap"
        docBase="/root/soap-2_2/webapps/soap"
        debug="1"
        reloadable="true" >
                     prefix="soap_log." suffix=".txt"
                  timestamp="true"/>
        </Context>

I can get to the RPC router, it's working. It says you can only talk to it
using HTTP Post. Deploying/Undeploying works.

Here's the error from stockquote:

Running the stockquote test
Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI
  Fault String = Unable to resolve target object:
samples.stockquote.StockQuoteService

And for addressbook
Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
  Fault String = Deployment error in SOAP service 'urn:AddressFetcher':
class name 'samples.addressbook.Address' could not be resolved:
samples.addressbook.Address

And, please don't tell me "Fix your classpath". Tell me what needs to go
in it because I've had virtually every directory on the box in the path.

Thanks,
Kevin

RE: Soap demo problems

Posted by David Greco <da...@capeclear.com>.
Chris,

Not sure if you saw my earlier note about this, but I think we may be
able to help.  We offer a toolset that can rapidly deploy Web Services
and save you countless man hrs and are the benchmark for accuracy in the
sector.  Especially when you start coding complex data types and in many
case such as this.

Wouldn't hurt to check it out (www.capeclear.com)

Feel free to bounce any questions off me.

Cheers,
Dave

RE: Soap demo problems

Posted by Chris Means <cm...@empowergeo.com>.