Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Ralf Bierig <so...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/15 16:10:42 UTC

SOAP Method without returnValue - possible?

Hi,

is it possible to use a SOAP Service Method (over
HTTP), which does not offer a result, for example:

void myService(int value1, double value2);

????

I ask, because HTTP always return a HTTPResponse...

So can I implement such a SOAP method and can Apache
SOAP handle this?

Greetings
Ralf Bierig

RE: SOAP Method without returnValue - possible?

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Ralf,

Yes, this will work fine. The "deploy" method on
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient is one example if a void method
being used.