Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Kristopher Lalletti <k....@videotron.ca> on 2000/08/08 18:02:18 UTC

Config Errors

I'm trying to recompile my Apache with mod-perl and I've been having some
problems..  The config line comes from the mod_perl installation guide and
the extra args come from the apache.spec that defines the configuration of
the binary distribution of apache under RedHat 6.2.

I've isolated the problem, it comes from the --enable-module=all .. But I'd
still like to know why it is doing this and how can i bypass the problem...

Here is my command line in the mod_perl directory
perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.12/src \
DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 EVERYTHING=1 \
APACI_ARGS='--prefix=/usr \
--with-layout=RedHat \
--add-module=/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/mod_bandwidth.c \
--add-module=/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/mod_put.c \
--activate-module=src/modules/throttle/mod_throttle.o \
--enable-module=all \
--enable-shared=max \
--enable-rule=EAPI \
--disable-rule=WANTHSREGEX \
--disable-module=auth_dbm \
--with-perl=/usr/bin/perl \
--enable-suexec \
--suexec-docroot=/home/httpd/html \
--suexec-caller=nobody'

Here is the snippet containing the error..  Since I'm compiling with
EVERYTHING=1, I haven't included the mod_perl output..

Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.12
 + using installation path layout: RedHat (config.layout)
 + activated perl module (modules/perl/libperl.a)
 + on-the-fly added and activated bandwidth module
(modules/extra/mod_bandwidth.o)
 + on-the-fly added and activated put module (modules/extra/mod_put.o)
 + activated throttle module (modules/throttle/mod_throttle.o)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
      + id: mod_perl/1.24
      + id: Perl/v5.6.0 (linux) [perl]
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for Linux platform
 + setting C pre-processor to cc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
    o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
 + using -lndbm for DBM support
      enabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
    o db_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
      using Berkeley-DB/2.x for mod_auth_db (-ldb)
    o perl_module uses ConfigStart/End
      + mod_perl build type: DSO
      + setting up mod_perl build environment
      + adjusting Apache build environment

** Error: Cannot build mod_include with Perl support (USE_PERL_SSI) **
** when mod_perl is compiled as DSO because of cross-module calls.  **
** Ignoring PERL_SSI flag now.                                      **

 + enabling Extended API (EAPI)
 + using -ldl for vendor DSO support
 + checking sizeof various data types
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options

Thanks
Kris