Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be> on 2002/06/08 13:08:20 UTC

Linking to docs::index

Ok, here's a weird bug:

http://perl.apache.org/release/maillist/email-etiquette.html#The_mod_perl_Guide

As you'll see, the "mod_perl documentation" part links to the 1.0 API docs
index. However, in the source, the link is to docs::index. Furthermore, on
my machine, it links to the main index page, not the 1.0 API.

Might this be related to the search paths specified? Still seems very weird.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: Linking to docs::index

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
> At 18:10 08.06.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>> Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, here's a weird bug:
>>> http://perl.apache.org/release/maillist/email-etiquette.html#The_mod_perl_Guide
>>>
>>> As you'll see, the "mod_perl documentation" part links to the 1.0 API
>>> docs index. However, in the source, the link is to docs::index.
>>> Furthermore, on my machine, it links to the main index page, not the
>>> 1.0 API.
>>> Might this be related to the search paths specified? Still seems very
>>> weird.
>>

>> Hmm, it looks fine on my machine too. I'll debug it on apache.org.
>> Thanks for the spot, Per Einar.
>

> Sorry, I said it wrongly: it doesn't work on my machine, but in a
> different way. Here it is:
> What should happen:
> docs::index => docs/index.html
> What happens:
> apache.org:
> docs::index => docs/1.0/api/index.html
> My machine:
> docs::index => index.html (not in docs)
>
> So it's failing anyhow. :-(

not for me :)

In any case I believe if I fix it on apache.org, it'll work for you too.
At least I have a machine I can reproduce the bug on :)

Re: Linking to docs::index

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.

Re: Linking to docs::index

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.