Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sylsau <sy...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/25 18:59:44 UTC

Exclude resources during jar generation

Hello,

I use Maven 2 to package my solution which contains several projects. I am
in the project A which have dependencies with B and C projects.

In my pom.Xml for A project that I wish package I have mentionned an
assembly file which lets me to generate a global zip archive containing :

- libs/ directory containing jar from B and C projects
- libs/libsext directory containing externals jar that are in dependency
- resources/ directory containing resources from A project which are
containing in src/main/resources on this project

When I generate jar from A project, I would like to exclude these resources
(containing in src/main/resources) from my jar. For the moment, I haven't
found a solution.

There is a possibility to make that ?

Thanks for your help.

Sylvain

Re: Exclude resources during jar generation

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> When I generate jar from A project, I would like to exclude these resources
> (containing in src/main/resources) from my jar. For the moment, I haven't
> found a solution.

Make project D which is just the assembly, and don't put any files in
D/src/main/resources, just let D be your assembly project. (This
assumes I understood your email, which may not be a correct
assumption.)

Wayne