Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joe Attardi <ja...@bluesocket.com> on 2008/04/01 18:21:02 UTC

T4: Problems running Tapestry application under java-1.7.0-icedtea

Hi Tapestry community,

I have been trying to get an application running under IcedTea in Fedora
8 and have run into a few problems. For the most part everything seems
to work; there are just a few areas that cause errors.

It seems like the enhanced subclass being generated by Tapestry does not
include implementations of some abstract getter methods.

Note that this works perfectly fine when running on Sun's JDK - we only
see this problem when running under the IcedTea JDK.

Here is the error I am getting for one page in particular:

org.apache.tapestry.BindingException: Exception invoking listener method
editUser of component user/ManageUsers: Error at Annotation
@org.apache.tapestry.annotations.ComponentClass(allowInformalParameters=true,
allowBody=true, reservedParameters=) of class
org.sipfoundry.sipxconfig.site.user.UserNavigation: Method 'public
abstract setting.BeanWithSettings site.common.BeanNavigation.getBean()'
(declared in class site.common.BeanNavigation) has no implementation in
class site.user.UserNavigation (or enhanced subclass $UserNavigation_65).
[context:/WEB-INF/user/ManageUsers.page, line 33, column 61]

And here is (excerpted) the classes in question:

public abstract class UserNavigation extends BeanNavigation<User> {
}

public abstract class BeanNavigation<T extends BeanWithSettings>
        extends BaseComponent {

     @Parameter(required = true)
     public abstract T getBean();

     public abstract void setBean(T bean);
}

Do any of you out there have any IcedTea experience and might know why
this isn't working?

Thanks very much!

--
Joe Attardi

Re: T4: Problems running Tapestry application under java-1.7.0-icedtea

Posted by Joe Attardi <ja...@bluesocket.com>.
Alec Leamas wrote:
> I' m using IcedTea, and it seems to work OK.  However, Tapestry is java
> 5/1.5, so I had set both the javac source code and target options to
> "1.5" to get rid of some mysterious errors using T5. I guess T4 is the
> same.

I will give that a try... thanks!

Re: T4: Problems running Tapestry application under java-1.7.0-icedtea

Posted by Alec Leamas <le...@gmail.com>.
I' m using IcedTea, and it seems to work OK.  However, Tapestry is java
5/1.5, so I had set both the javac source code and target options to
"1.5" to get rid of some mysterious errors using T5. I guess T4 is the same.

--Alec

PS: Have to check if my own problems are related to IcedTea... DS

Posted by Joe Attardi <ja...@bluesocket.com>.
Hi Adam,

> Is IcedTea a complete implementation? I couldn't compile a project that was
> built in java 1.6 sun with idedtea and gave up on it.
As far as I know, yes. The missing parts that aren't implemented in
IcedTea are filled in by stubs from OpenJDK/Classpath I think. That
could be backwards, I'm not sure.

> Interested, why do you
> want to use it, well I guess it is something that has to be got right
> eventually so the more users the better.
IcedTea is installed out of the box by default with Fedora 8 and we want
to get it to work so users on Fedora 8 will have one less dependency to
worry about.

Re: T4: Problems running Tapestry application under java-1.7.0-icedtea

Posted by adasal <ad...@gmail.com>.
Is IcedTea a complete implementation? I couldn't compile a project that was
built in java 1.6 sun with idedtea and gave up on it. Interested, why do you
want to use it, well I guess it is something that has to be got right
eventually so the more users the better.
Adam