Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2013/12/26 02:22:56 UTC

January 2014 Incubator report timeline

January 2014 Incubator report timeline:

    http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2014

    Wed January 01 -- Podling reports due by end of day
    Sun January 05 -- Shepherd reviews due by end of day
    Sun January 05 -- Summary due by end of day
    Tue January 07 -- Mentor signoff due by end of day
    Wed January 08 -- Report submitted to Board
    Wed January 15 -- Board meeting

[CELIX] Re: January 2014 Incubator report timeline

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
Hi,

I've reviewed Celix and added a comment which needs explanation. They are growing, but may still be too small.

The explanation is that they just went from 2 to 3 committers. Is 3 enough, or do we need 5? I just want to flag this in case the IPMC thinks we need to clarify the minimum. To me it is the ability to get three proper +1 VOTEs on releases.

Anyway - go CELIX! Let's see if 2014 is a magical year.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
John D. Ament wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> How often is clutch rerun?

Thanks for your interest.

It is run manually. See some notes:
[1] http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html#notes
[2] http://incubator.apache.org/facilities.html#clutch

Occasionally people do it immediately after some known changes.
I try to ensure that it is run at least every couple of days.

> DeltaSpike should be cleared off the list
> :-) (assuming I did it right)

I now added some notes to [2] to explain that there is
a list of Incubator releases generated by cron on
people.a.o as ~crossley twice per day.

So the next run of Clutch would reflect any changes there.

-David

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

How often is clutch rerun? DeltaSpike should be cleared off the list
:-) (assuming I did it right)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 7:20 AM, Rhys Ulerich <rh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are we on the hook for a report due on the 1st?

Yes, the podling should report.

> I see some placeholder content but I either lack permissions to login
> to the Wiki (or else I'm being stupid before my fourth cup of coffee
> for the morning).

As an anti-spam measure, ASF wikis must whitelist contributors.

See the top of <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/>.

Marvin Humphrey

Fwd: January 2014 Incubator report timeline

Posted by Rhys Ulerich <rh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

Are we on the hook for a report due on the 1st?

> From: Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2014
> Wed January 01 -- Podling reports due by end of day

I see some placeholder content but I either lack permissions to login
to the Wiki (or else I'm being stupid before my fourth cup of coffee
for the morning).

- Rhys

Re: January 2014 Incubator report timeline

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
John D. Ament wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just an FYI, BatchEE did not receive a notice from Marvin.  Should we
> change their reporting group?

I now investigated their settings in content/podlings.xml
The "reporting" stuff seems okay, monthly for the first three months..
They are correctly in this month's generated list at
http://incubator.apache.org/report_due_3.txt

Perhaps the message from "marvin" is being held up by their
dev list moderation. Would someone please check, so that it
does not happen again next month.

They also need to manage their entry. I see some fixme notes about other stuff
in there and some of it is a bit mangled.
Which is why they are being listed at
http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html#other

See:
http://incubator.apache.org/facilities.html#metadata

-David

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
P. Taylor Goetz wrote:
> Hi Marvin,
>
> I dropped the ball and didn’t get the Storm report in. But I also noticed that Storm wasn’t included in the template for this month’s report.
>
> I’m assuming that was just an oversight, correct?

But Storm is not due to report:
http://incubator.apache.org/facilities.html#report-schedule

-David

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification Marvin and David.

I didn't realize our three months were up already. :)

- Taylor

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Posted by "P. Taylor Goetz" <pt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marvin,

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
>
> > I went ahead and added up the Phoenix report (I removed us from the
> > non-reporters list -- smile).
>
> Great, thanks!
>
> > I did not know what to fill in for the 'signed-off by' list so left it
> > blank.
>
> It's a list of Mentors who have seen the report and approved it.  I took
> the
> liberty of filling in the checkboxes for Enis Sözutar and Devaraj Das
> because
> they both sent +1 emails to dev@phoenix.incubator.
>
> > Let me go ping our Shepherd for this period; hopefully he is just as
> > forgiving of our late submission.
>
> The main thing we need shepherds for is to signal the IPMC when all Mentors
> have gone missing and a podling is adrift.  The secondary function of
> providing outsider feedback can be helpful, but it's best not to add
> commentary late in the process because we want to give the podling the
> chance
> to respond if necessary.

Thank you for the explanations.
St.Ack

Re: January 2014 Incubator report timeline

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
My wiki user name is AndrewPurtell. Please kindly whitelist also.

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:44 AM, Steven Noels <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > same here - my user name for the Incubator Wiki is StevenNoels
>
> Done -- I've added your signoff to the Phoenix report and whitelisted
> your wiki username for next time.
>
> Marvin Humphrey

Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: January 2014 Incubator report timeline

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@apache.org>.
Marvin,

same here - my user name for the Incubator Wiki is StevenNoels

Thanks!

Steven.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I replied directly to them to reduce noise on the main list.
(unlike this message!)

I figured that Wiki admins would (should?) be following the Wiki
commit messages so would see the update to the Contributors page.

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
Thanks Marvin,

my username is LarsHofhansl

Thanks.

-- Lars

________________________________

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
Belated +1 from me as well.

________________________________

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 2:14 PM, David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> wrote:

> Stack wrote:
> > Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> > >
> > > As an anti-spam measure, ASF wikis must whitelist contributors. See
> > > the top of <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/>.
> > >
> > > Please let us know your wiki username (not Apache ID) and we will add
> > > you to the ContributorsGroup whitelist.
> >
> > MichaelStack
>
> Done.

Thanks David.

I went ahead and added up the Phoenix report (I removed us from the
non-reporters list -- smile).  I did not know what to fill in for the
'signed-off by' list so left it blank.  Let me go ping our Shepherd for
this period; hopefully he is just as forgiving of our late submission.

Thanks for the help,
St.Ack

Re: January 2014 Incubator report timeline

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Stack wrote:
> Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> >
> > As an anti-spam measure, ASF wikis must whitelist contributors. See
> > the top of <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/>.
> >
> > Please let us know your wiki username (not Apache ID) and we will add
> > you to the ContributorsGroup whitelist.
>
> MichaelStack

Done.

-David

Re: January 2014 Incubator report timeline

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
> > Pardon the dumb question but how do I get the phoenix podling's first
> > report to show on this page:
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2014 ?
>
> Glad to see Phoenix's first report!

Wait till you read it first! (smile).

> As an anti-spam measure, ASF wikis must whitelist contributors. See
> the top of <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/>.
>
> Please let us know your wiki username (not Apache ID) and we will add
> you to the ContributorsGroup whitelist.

MichaelStack

> For future reference, please note that podling reports are due two
> weeks before the Board meeting and a week before the Incubator VP
> files the report.  If a podling report shows up one day before we
> file, there's not enough time to go through shepherding, etc.
>
> So far, we've just been accepting late reports and asking nicely for
> future punctuality, but at some point we may start rejecting them like
> the Board does.  Ostensibly the Board expects the IPMC to review all
> podling reports before we file the aggregate report; if we ever
> institute such a process, we'll almost certainly start rejecting late
> reports then.

Understood.  All my fault: i.e. the mentor. Thanks for taking our report
though late.

I'll add it soon my credentials are blessed.

Thanks Marvin,
St.Ack

Re: January 2014 Incubator report timeline

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.