Posted to users@maven.apache.org by MavenN00b <da...@hotmail.com> on 2010/05/23 20:03:47 UTC

Maven N00b - Someone sent me a POM file - What now?

I have my Fedora 64 bit VM running.  Java, Eclipse, and Maven all installed.
Someone sent me a POM file, and I need to know how to generate my project
using it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Maven N00b - Someone sent me a POM file - What now?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/5/24 Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>:

> Antonio..the source can be in svn configured by scm node as seen here:

Dear MavenN00b
please disregard messages by Martin Gainty, he is a very well known
spammer/scammer.

Antonio

RE: Maven N00b - Someone sent me a POM file - What now?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Antonio..the source can be in svn configured by scm node as seen here:

    <scm>
       <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/struts2/tags/STRUTS_2_1_8</connection>
       <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/struts2/tags/STRUTS_2_1_8</developerConnection>
       <url>http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/struts/struts2/tags/STRUTS_2_1_8</url>
    </scm>

//are the fail/pass constant testcases in place for convention-plugin?
  <constant name="struts.convention.actionConfigBuilder" value="convention"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.actionNameBuilder" value="convention"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.resultMapBuilder" value="convention"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.interceptorMapBuilder" value="convention"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.conventionsService" value="convention"/>

  <constant name="struts.convention.result.path" value="/WEB-INF/content/"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.result.flatLayout" value="true"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.action.suffix" value="Action"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.action.disableScanning" value="false"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.action.mapAllMatches" value="false"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.action.checkImplementsAction" value="true"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.default.parent.package" value="convention-default"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.action.name.lowercase" value="true"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.action.name.separator" value="-"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.package.locators" value="action,actions,struts,struts2"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.package.locators.disable" value="false"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.package.locators.basePackage" value=""/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.exclude.packages" value="org.apache.struts.*,org.apache.struts2.*,org.springframework.web.struts.*,org.springframework.web.struts2.*,org.hibernate.*"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.relative.result.types" value="dispatcher,velocity,freemarker"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.redirect.to.slash" value="true"/>
  <constant name="struts.convention.action.alwaysMapExecute" value="true"/>
  <constant name="struts.mapper.alwaysSelectFullNamespace" value="true"/>
  <!-- <constant name="struts.convention.action.includeJars"  /> -->
  <constant name="struts.convention.action.fileProtocols" value="jar" />

  <constant name="struts.convention.classes.reload" value="false" />

  <constant name="struts.convention.exclude.parentClassLoader" value="true" />

  <package name="convention-default" extends="struts-default">

?
Martin
Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung

Posted by MavenN00b <da...@hotmail.com>.
Yeah, they sent only the POM.  My project needs to run in their environment.
I don't have any need for their source code, I just need to be able to run
on their boxes.

What should I ask for?

Re: Maven N00b - Someone sent me a POM file - What now?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/5/23 Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>:
> 2010/5/23 MavenN00b <da...@hotmail.com>:
>>
>> Yeah, they sent only the POM.  My project needs to run in their environment.
>> I don't have any need for their source code, I just need to be able to run
>> on their boxes.
>
> You need your project to comply with their standard, do you?
> So put that pom.xml in the root directory of your project.
> Install m2eclipse:
> http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/
> Right click on your project -> Maven - Enable dependency management
> If they and you are using the same layout of the project, it should
> work automatically. Otherwise, rename the source directories in your
> project to adapt to their needs.

Oh, and don't forget to change the artifact name (and group probably)
and version. Double click on the pom.xml, a POM editor will appear.

Antonio

Re: Maven N00b - Someone sent me a POM file - What now?

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/5/23 MavenN00b <da...@hotmail.com>:

> Yeah, they sent only the POM.  My project needs to run in their environment.
> I don't have any need for their source code, I just need to be able to run
> on their boxes.

You need your project to comply with their standard, do you?
So put that pom.xml in the root directory of your project.
Install m2eclipse:
http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/
Right click on your project -> Maven - Enable dependency management
If they and you are using the same layout of the project, it should
work automatically. Otherwise, rename the source directories in your
project to adapt to their needs.

HTH
Antonio

Re: Maven N00b - Someone sent me a POM file - What now?