Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@allureglobal.com> on 2009/08/27 00:50:52 UTC

Help with batch-mode release?

I'm trying to set up a script to handle an automated release process.
I'm using the "releaseVersion" and "developmentVersion" properties to
give me some flexibility with respect to the assigned versions.
However, they don't seem to be sticking.

For instance, my current version is 0.9.27-SNAPSHOT.  I do a
release:prepare using the command:

    mvn --batch-mode release:prepare -DreleaseVersion=1.0.0.26
    -DdevelopmentVersion=1.0.0.27-SNAPSHOT

The prepare builds a tag of 0.9.27 and sets the development version to
0.9.28-SNAPSHOT.

This is a multi-module project.  Is that what's causing this?  Do I
really have to specify the versions for each module?
Thanks,
Dave

Re: Help with batch-mode release?

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
David C. Hicks wrote at Donnerstag, 27. August 2009 16:15:

> Found the problem. Apparently, version 2.0-beta-7 of the release plugin
> is buggy in this area.

Ah, well, no. This functionality was simply not yet implemented ...

- Jörg

Re: Help with batch-mode release?

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
Found the problem. Apparently, version 2.0-beta-7 of the release plugin
is buggy in this area. Upgrading to 2.0-beta-9 appears to fix things.
I'll know in a while if all is well.

Thanks for all the suggestions and input. I should have checked on the
plugin version earlier - just didn't think about it. (forest and trees)

Dave

Posted by Arnaud X Dostes <ar...@jpmorgan.com>.

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.

Posted by Arnaud X Dostes <ar...@jpmorgan.com>.