Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org> on 2013/09/11 23:09:19 UTC

TomEE eclipselink cache coordination

Hi,
I'm trying to implement L2 cache coordination with TomEE (1.6-SNAPSHOT),
eclipselink 2.5.0 and activemq.

I have a hard time figuring out how eclipselink is looking up resources
defined in tomee.xml.
just for testing I'm running the broker on the same jvm.

Does anyone have a hint or two how to get this running?

Is it true that defining resources in server.xml would be the same as
defining them in tomee.xml?

best regards,
hw

Re: TomEE eclipselink cache coordination

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Ah,
Thank's a lot.

It works now.

br hw

Re: TomEE eclipselink cache coordination

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Tomee.xml resources names are openejb:Resource/(id of the resource in
tomee.xml) or java:openejb/Resource/(id)

About server.xml it is different and converted to tomee.xml resources at
startup but these resources are less powerful in general (in particular
datasources which support less config)

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Hi,
I will not try to comment on issues in eclipselink right now (still in
development process).

However,
<property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.protocol" value="jms" />
            <property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.jms.topic"
value="openejb:Resource/CacheSynchTopic" />
            <property name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.jms.factory"
value="openejb:Resource/RemoteConnectionFactory"/>
            <property
name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.jms.reuse-topic-publisher"
value="true"/>
            <property
name="eclipselink.cache.coordination.remove-connection-on-error"
value="true"/>

in persistence.xml works perfectly for me.
the remove-connection-on-error is very important to get coordination working
again if network issues occure.

tomee.xml resources are pretty basic, except from adding a few tcp options
to brokerXml

I'm now streamlining my application in regards to which entities/results I'd
like to cache
And of course performance benchmarking........

br hw

Re: TomEE eclipselink cache coordination

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
Your question/post motivated me to take a look at (and download and test)
eclipselink 2.5.0 with my app that has been working well with eclipselink
2.3.2 (and apache derby)...for the last 2 years.

can you recommend any migration guide. I am reading the known issues list
and I see the requirement to call em.joinTransaction() and I see another
bug that speaks about unmapped POJO.

is eclipselink-2.5.0 known issues list the best migration guide or can you
recommend another?

thanks,
Howard