Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alessandro Benedetti <ab...@apache.org> on 2015/10/28 16:45:48 UTC

Autocomplete prototype using Velocity UI Browse - Solritas

Hi guys,
I was playing with the velocity Browse UI, to provide a simple prototype to
be shown to not techie users.

Unfortunately I am a super noob in reading/writing front end and Js code.
I would like an advice from you.
What I would like to do is to bypass the big autocomplete script and simply
automatically call the submit query on each key pressed. ( like google
instant search) .

it is something really only for a simple prototype, I don't care if it will
be slow or not elegant.
Anyone with some Js experience with the velocity template that can give me
some quick hint to obtain that ?
In the meantime I will continue investigating, but an help would be much
appreciated.

Cheers

--
--------------------------

Benedetti Alessandro

"Tyger, tyger burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?"

Re: Autocomplete prototype using Velocity UI Browse - Solritas

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <ab...@apache.org>.
Erick,
thank you very much !
Just used the example in files, and it's perfect for my need !

Cheers

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Ah… I did this once upon a time for techproducts, and put a branch of it here, see the couple of commits from me there:

    https://github.com/erikhatcher/lucene-solr/commits/instant_search <https://github.com/erikhatcher/lucene-solr/commits/instant_search>

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <ab...@apache.org>.
I am using  5.3 .

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.