Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com> on 2008/08/17 15:52:45 UTC

Next releases of JNet, SSF and blockdeployment

Hi,

There was a problem (COCOON-2236[1]) discovered with refactored release of Servlet Service Framework
that made it incompatible with Cocoon Core 2.2.0.

Since this issue is already closed it makes sense to prepare next minor release of SSF.
Additionally, both JNet and blockdeployment have to be released.

Therefore I would propose to release following versions:
1. cocoon-jnet:1.1.0 (there are new methods introduced)
2. cocoon-blockdeployment:1.1.0 (there is an interface moved from SSF and implementation for it)
1. cocoon-servlet-service-impl:2.1.0 (because this module depends on JNet 1.1.0)

When all these three artifacts being used, Cocoon Core 2.2.0 should work just fine.

Reinhard, I remember that you have already offered to help with this. Is this offer still relevant?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2236

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: Next releases of JNet, SSF and blockdeployment

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
> Reinhard Pötz pisze:
>>
>> Yes. If you can help me with updating the docs, changes.xml and
>> announcements (announcement@apache and website), we can have a release
>> this week, otherwise I'm not sure if I can do it this week.
>
> I'll have a free time until Thursday and call help with whatever is needed.
>
> When it comes to changes.xml they already include information about
> changes I've made. I guess you refer to filling this files with correct
> information about release like date of release, right?
>
> I can prepare announcement where we explain what's the idea of all these
> releases.
>
> When can we start?

Reinhard, I would like to ask for some time before we start release process.

I fear that I've discovered even more regressions in SSF compared to 1.0.0 version. :-(

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.