Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2007/07/01 18:52:52 UTC

Refactoring existing test cc payment gateway processor services

Hi,

I'd like to refactor the names of the test services for the credit card
processor, because in my opinion, the existing names are confusing.
However I have some doubts/questions.

For example the auth services are:

*Auth services*

testCCProcessor
testCCProcessorWithCapture
testRandomAuthorize
alwaysApproveCCProcessor
alwaysApproveWithCaptureCCProcessor
alwaysDeclineCCProcessor
alwaysNsfCCProcessor
alwaysBadExpireCCProcessor
badExpireEvenCCProcessor

I'd suggest to use the following naming convention:

testCCProcessorAuth*
(so that we can distinguish them from the testCCProcessorCapture* ones)

For example:
testCCProcessorAuthAlwaysApprove (was alwaysApproveCCProcessor)
testCCProcessorAuthAlwaysDecline (was alwaysDeclineCCProcessor)
testCCProcessorAuthAlwaysNsfDecline (was alwaysNsfCCProcessor)
testCCProcessorAuthAlwaysBadExpireDecline (was alwaysBadExpireCCProcessor)
etc...

What do you think?
My question is: what is the intended use of
alwaysApproveWithCaptureCCProcessor (and testCCProcessorWithCapture)? I
really don't understand for what they are used for?

Thanks,

Jacopo

Re: Refactoring existing test cc payment gateway processor services

Posted by Rodrigo Souza <ac...@gmail.com>.
My suggestion would be to plan a specific model for each method of
payment however to create a layer of abstraction for the OfBiz

2007/7/1, Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to refactor the names of the test services for the credit card
> processor, because in my opinion, the existing names are confusing.
> However I have some doubts/questions.
>
> For example the auth services are:
>
> *Auth services*
>
> testCCProcessor
> testCCProcessorWithCapture
> testRandomAuthorize
> alwaysApproveCCProcessor
> alwaysApproveWithCaptureCCProcessor
> alwaysDeclineCCProcessor
> alwaysNsfCCProcessor
> alwaysBadExpireCCProcessor
> badExpireEvenCCProcessor
>
> I'd suggest to use the following naming convention:
>
> testCCProcessorAuth*
> (so that we can distinguish them from the testCCProcessorCapture* ones)
>
> For example:
> testCCProcessorAuthAlwaysApprove (was alwaysApproveCCProcessor)
> testCCProcessorAuthAlwaysDecline (was alwaysDeclineCCProcessor)
> testCCProcessorAuthAlwaysNsfDecline (was alwaysNsfCCProcessor)
> testCCProcessorAuthAlwaysBadExpireDecline (was alwaysBadExpireCCProcessor)
> etc...
>
> What do you think?
> My question is: what is the intended use of
> alwaysApproveWithCaptureCCProcessor (and testCCProcessorWithCapture)? I
> really don't understand for what they are used for?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jacopo

Re: Refactoring existing test cc payment gateway processor services

Posted by al...@mb1.com.
I would suggest following the National Retail Federation  payment standards
http://nrf-arts.org   If OFBIZ will continue to use JavaPOS
http://www.JavaPOS.com       in the    E  Commerence and POS portions of
it's code. or if OFBIZ hopes to leveregae exisitng Point of Sale Equipment
like Card Readers. Use POSTest to check your Credit Card code
http://postest.sourceforge.net/

Alan DeRossett
InstaPayment Inc.
http://www.InstaPayment.com