Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Colin Chalmers <co...@maxware.nl> on 2002/04/05 07:37:51 UTC

Fw: Stumbling at the first hurdle with Maven

Hi Guys,

Reading the promising stuff on the site and just happening to be what I'm looking for :-)   I tried to get maven up & running. I've tried to follow the info on the site as good as possible but when I now type

ant maven:update-jars

I get an error message indicating the following

build.xml:4: Config file is not of expected XML type

I take it that's this config file

<!-- Allow any user specific values to override the defaults -->
<property file="${user.home}/build.properties" />

The content of this file is

# Build Properties

lib.repo = e:/tmp/maven/lib

maven.home = e:/tmp/maven

Any ideas as to why it's throwing an error??

/Colin

Visit MaXware's Free Meta Directory and Identity Management seminar, 25 April, Amsterdam Arena.
For more information and registration see www.maxware.nl

Re: Fw: Stumbling at the first hurdle with Maven

Posted by Colin Chalmers <co...@maxware.nl>.
I'd already tried that but the list is not that active (yet).

However I have solved this problem and stumbled onto the next one :-)

I'll keep my Maven questions to that list in the future.

/colin

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Fw: Stumbling at the first hurdle with Maven

Posted by Pete Kazmier <pe...@kazmier.com>.
You may want to post this on the Maven mailing lists.  You can find the
subscription addresses on the Maven homepage by clicking on the Mailing
List link.

prepopulating turbine default tables

Posted by Jesse Chen <je...@jalvamedia.com>.
Hi TurbineFans,

I was wondering what file(s) you can configure to have Turbine prepopulate
(for example, TURBINE_ROLE) a particular table for you when you run ant
init. We have an application that needs some data baked in for groups and
roles. It seems like ant init already does this for TURBINE_USER
(turbine/turbine).

thanks in advance,

Re: Maven and Web Apps

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On Fri, 2002-04-05 at 08:54, David Eric Pugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am loving maven, so far I am using Maven to do my build of the DBForms
> package.  I am going to post to them the project.xml and suggest they use it
> as part of the default processes.
>
> I was looking at using maven for both my Turbine based web apps, and some
> more traditional JSP webapps.  However, I don't see quite how to structure
> my layout directoires for web apps.  Maven seems more focused on creating
> regular apps that end up as JAR's, not WAR's.
>
> For instance:
> 	Where should I put images?
> 	Where should I put JSP's?
> 	Where should I put applets or .js javascript files?
> 	How should I structure my .sql files?
>

> I would love to see some guidence on using Maven for web apps.

There is some discussion of this on the Maven list. Turbine might also
be a little different then most environments because of some features in
turbine that will let you run the app from a cvs layout that looks very
much like Scarab. There is a feature in the TDK that will let you
produce the sample app the 'cvs layout' form as opposed the the
traditional embedded form. But we can chat over on the maven mailing
list.

> Eric

jvz.

Jason van Zyl