Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jesse Ross <jr...@cyber.law.harvard.edu> on 2002/02/22 23:08:12 UTC

text column type in postgresql

Hello all,

I am trying to use the decoupled version of Torque (3.0-dev) to
interface with a PostgreSQL 7.1.3 database.  I have a column which I
would like to be of type TEXT in the database, but when I define that
column in my torque schema as

<column name="description" required="true" type="LONGVARCHAR">

the generated SQL creates this column as

description bytea NOT NULL.

As I understand how the PostgreSQL jdbc driver works, this SQL type
should be TEXT instead of BYTEA.  The generated SQL still comes out to
be BYTEA if I specify type="LONGVARBINARY" in my schema.

Can anyone tell me how to create PostgreSQL columns of type TEXT with
Torque?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Jesse Ross

Re: text column type in postgresql

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
And in the latest version of db.props CLOB is mapped to text.

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
modify db.props

john mcnally