Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@bossicard.com> on 2002/11/26 04:22:27 UTC

Organizing the guides

I've gently started to think about the manual and how they could have (IMO) a
better organization.  Before cutting/pasting from the old manuals, I would like
your feedback.

I think that the Administrator Guide is going to be merged with the User Guide:
- There is no server and CORBA anymore
- Collection management also concerns the user
- what's left are the indexes and the backup of data -> easily merged into the
user guide

Proposition:

- Getting Started document (merge admin+user guides)

    * Introduction to XML Databases
          o What Is an XML Database
          o Apache Xindice
    * Database Administration
          o Create the Database
          o Import and Export
          o Working with indices
    * Working with Collections
    * Working with Documents
    * Querying Documents
          o Introduction to XPath
    * Updating Documents
          o Introduction to XUpdate

- Database programming (formely Developer guide)

    * Introduction
    * XML-PRC Programming
          o What Is XML-RPC?
          o Message Definition