Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "M.Tarkeshwar Rao" <ta...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/05 11:22:02 UTC

Unique transaction id on coordinators running across JVM

Hi All,

I have a requirement to generate "Unique transaction id on Master batch
coordinator which should be  unique across JVM". We have done some
modification on trident source code where we want to generate "Unique
transaction id" for single transaction.

Presently Master batch coordinator assigning 1 2 3 etc for the transactions
as transaction ID.

We want these should be generated uniquely.

Why we need this:

We are running multiple MBCs under a single topology. we want they should
not overlap each other so we want unique number which can be assigned as
transaction id.

Can you please provide some input what should be the best way to achieve
this?

Regards
Tarkeshwar