Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/11 14:03:28 UTC

[Discussion] Web port number - ServiceMix 4

By default, the port number defined on ServiceMix/Karaf for the web console
is 8181.

Remark : in the log, I see that ops4j tell us that port 8181 and 8080 are
available but only 8181 works

13:52:38,293 | INFO  | Thread-7         | JettyServerImpl                  |
e.jetty.internal.JettyServerImpl  100 | Pax Web available at
[0.0.0.0]:[8080]
13:52:39,793 | INFO  | guration Updater | JettyServerImpl                  |
e.jetty.internal.JettyServerImpl  100 | Pax Web available at
[0.0.0.0]:[8181]

To avoid conflict with other applications that we will deploy on SMX4 and
using Jetty Application Server, I propose that the port number used for the
web console becomes 9000 and for the applications 8080, 8181, 8282 or
whatever the user wants.

We need also another feature which is not available to allow one jetty
instance to work with several port numbers :
http://issues.ops4j.org/browse/PAXWEB-184

Regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedlin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard

Apache Camel Group :
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2447439&trk=anet_ug_hm

Re: [Discussion] Web port number - ServiceMix 4

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Charles,

we have already an issue related to this problem:
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4-442

Usage of port 9000 for the web console makes sense for me.

Regards
JB