Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Chemi <jm...@terra.es> on 2005/02/03 20:18:27 UTC

Future plans about NNTP

Hi, I have been browsing the net and I was not able to find any
information about NNTP plans for future versions. Is it documented anywhere?

I have opened a feature request in JIRA system
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-353), to see if you can add
matchers and mailet support to NNTP messaging. Matchers and mailets are
really a powerful feature but it seems it just work with POP3 and SMTP.
If anybody think this is an inetresting feature, please go there and
vote for it. ;-)

Thanks in advance,

     Chemi.

Re: Future plans about NNTP

Posted by Chemi <jm...@terra.es>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>I have opened a feature request in JIRA system
>>(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-353), to see if you can add
>>matchers and mailet support to NNTP messaging.
>>

>They would be made to work by enabling moderation for a newsgroup, which
>would forward the message to a mail pipeline.  That is a standard practice
>with NNTP.
>
>	--- Noel

Exactly. That was the main reason I am asking for it. Any idea if it is
planned or not?

Thanks,

   Chemi.

RE: Future plans about NNTP