Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2015/08/01 00:12:19 UTC

Re: Reconfiguration starvation

Reconfiguration should take place if the file timestamp is newer than what it was at startup or the last reconfiguration.  It is only checked for once for every 16 log events written if the interval has expired.  If the app doesn’t write many events then it might not ever reconfigure. Using a watchdog would definitely fix that.

Ralph