Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/14 07:34:35 UTC

example to avoid pagemap locks

One of my page is a search page this sometimes gets stuck because the users
search criteria is time consuming and I get page map is still locked error.
To avoid this I want to modify this page to use a job to execute the search
in a thread and a timer to check every 5 second 's if search is complete and
option to cancel the search (job). If user does not like to wait.
Are there any examples of  this kind ?

Re: example to avoid pagemap locks

Posted by Bert <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
You can put the search result (and the start of the search process)
into a Panel and wrap this with a AjaxLazyLoadPanel. Not sure about
the cancel thing.

At least you can have a look at the AjaxLazyLoadPanel for inspiration.

Regards
Bert