Posted to repo-maintainers@maven.apache.org by Max Berger <ma...@berger.name> on 2008/08/01 13:32:11 UTC

(Too) Many mails to repo-maintainers

Dear Repo Maintainers,

the current repository sync script sends a mail on every failure to the
repo-maintainers list (which I subscribed because I am a maintainer of
one of the synched repositories).

Unfortunately, there is almost always a failure in some reposirtory,
resulting in a mail every 4 hours. The content of the mails does not
apply to me but it may, so i have to scan through them periodically to
find my repo. Since I get too many mails I do this quite infrequently.

So, needless to say I am not happy with this situation. I am only
interested in failures pertaining to my repository.

I don't have a good solution, but here are some ideas:

- put the name of failed repository in the subject line.

- send the failed message to the maintainer of the repository rather
than the full list (which would require an email address for each
maintainer)

- send failed messages less frequently

maybe we can find a feasible solution to this problem.

Max

Re: (Too) Many mails to repo-maintainers

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@carlossanchez.eu>.
Mails on failed repos are addressed to the list AND the address of the
maintainer. It should be easy to filter the mails to the list that are
not addressed to you, at least with gmail it is pretty easy