Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ben Eliott <be...@googlemail.com> on 2009/10/09 19:10:48 UTC

cassdict

Just a note to inform the list of a python module for cassandra:

http://bitbucket.org/_ben_/cassdict/overview/

For better or worse Cassdict attempts to emulate a standard python
dictionary as an interface to the python thrift api.

It simplifies thing as far as it goes. Inevitably there's no getting
away from thrift api in the end. But I hope it can be handy in some
respects.
Additionally there are a couple of mixins to make the thrift objects
more manageable.

Thanks to Ian Eure @ Digg for his advices in progressing this module.

Ben

Re: cassdict

Posted by kevin <ke...@gmail.com>.
cassdict works really well!! behaves exactly like python dictionary.
i like it better than lazyboy as it allows loading all super columns of a
column family, deleting an entire column family or column is really simple.

thanks for this library!

Re: cassdict

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
One suggestion -- consider subclassing DictMixin, instead of dict
itself.  DictMixin is designed for creating things that have a
dict-like api, but aren't actually dicts, whereas dict itself
obviously isn't. :)  Tends to work out cleaner in my experience.

Just my two cents,

-Jonathan