Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mohd Amin Mohd Din <am...@nc.com.my> on 2003/09/23 13:17:53 UTC

[OT]More Design Patterns. Real world example application

As the subject says, many discussion on design patterns have occurred.
However I need a good example to implement in my project. An application
using struts + hibernate would be a plus. Hopefully the example also
does some big joining at the database, and a few master detail forms.
(seems like a requirement for a mid-scale project ;-) ).

The current way, which I'm implement is using

<View>    <Business Logic>           <DataAccess>
Action -> <usecase>managerBD -> <usecase>DAO

The DAO uses ServiceLocator to get database connection. I know its quite
lame and doesn't have clean separation because we don't have an
interface for each DAO but we have a parent class BaseDAO which all DAOs
subclass from. Hopefully, with the example, the next project will be
better designed

Thanks
Amin