Posted to users@camel.apache.org by rwijngaa <ri...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/18 13:26:39 UTC

camel-ftp sendNoOp takes 15 minutes

Hi,

In one of our production routes we see a delay of 15 minutes per ftp'ed file
(on the clock).
So sending 4 files takes 1 hour !
I turned on the trace logging of the RemoteFileProducer and directly before
and after the 15 minutes
there are 2 log lines:

Any ideas on why the noop can take that long?

I'm using fuse 6.1 / camel 2.12
Regards
Rino

Re: camel-ftp sendNoOp takes 15 minutes

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yeah that would be a way of doing it. But are you sure its the send
noop command that is the problem? If you eg patch the Camel source
code and build a custom camel-ftp JAR with it disabled, does it work
for you then?

I just added an option to turn this sendNoop off from Camel 2.16
onward in jira ticket: CAMEL-8807

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 4:21 PM, rwijngaa
<ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Claus, thanks for your response.
>
> I'm affraid i'm stuck on this camel version (2.12).
>
> What is the best way to do this?
> I'm thinking creating a new component, say ftp2, that extends from the
> standard ftp component and overrides the preWriteCheck method in the
> RemoteFileProducer.
>
> Or is there a better way?
>
> Regards
> Rino

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com
hawtio: http://hawt.io/
fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

Re: camel-ftp sendNoOp takes 15 minutes

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Wonder if there is some firewalls or something that block / terminate
connections or whatnot - causing it to delay the check for 15 min. As
15 min sounds like some kind of configured timeout somewhere.

As you are using Fuse 6.1, then I suggest to use Red Hat customer
portal to get help with this product.

Here at Apache Camel you can try testing with a new Camel release to
see if it works better for you. There is a FTP example that is shipped
as part of the Camel release, you could tweak / configured to try it
on your system.

We could also maybe if needed add some code to turn on/off that noop
check so you could potential disable it if that works better for you.

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 1:26 PM, rwijngaa
<ri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In one of our production routes we see a delay of 15 minutes per ftp'ed file
> (on the clock).
> So sending 4 files takes 1 hour !
> I turned on the trace logging of the RemoteFileProducer and directly before
> and after the 15 minutes
> there are 2 log lines:
>

> Any ideas on why the noop can take that long?
>
> I'm using fuse 6.1 / camel 2.12
> Regards
> Rino

Claus Ibsen